What is c++
- C++ is a high level programming language that allows a software engineer to efficiently communicate with a computer.
- c++ is a highly flexible and adaptable language used for variety of programs including firmware for micro controllers,operating systems, applications and graphics programming.
- In 1970 , Brian Kernighan and Dennis Ritchie, created C language. C was designed for writing Operating systems.
- C language was extremely simple and flexible and soon It was became very popular programming language.
- C had one major problem, it was a procedure oriented language (ie) computer program consists of 2 main parts data and instruction. C program would start by describing the data first and then write procedures to manipulate that data.
- Programmers discovered that a program should be clear and easy if they were able to take a bunch of data and group it together with the operation that worked on that data. such a grouping is called an object or class.
- Designing programs by designing classes is known as object-oriented design.
- In 1980,Bjarne Stroustrup worked on a new language called "C with classes". That language was improved and became c++.